Thursday, February 4, 2010

vegetable beef soup | keepin' it simple


this faithful family pleaser hit the table earlier this week. seems like everyone can find something to love about vegetable soup.


vegetable beef soup
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion chopped
2-3 stalks celery chopped
2 cans beef broth
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
water if needed
3 carrots peeled & chopped
4 potatoes peeled & chopped
canned green beans
frozen corn
2 bay leaves
salt & pepper to taste
chili powder to taste
garlic powder to taste
a few shakes of worcestershire sauce

brown hamburger with onion & celery. drain & return to pan. add broth, tomatoes & tomato sauce (add water here if needed). add potatoes & carrots, seasonings & worcestershire sauce. bring to boil, then turn down & simmer till vegetables are tender (15-20 minutes). add canned beans & frozen corn and cook till heated through. i like to let mine simmer for around an hour total. *remove bay leaves before serving.


enjoy!

3 comments:

Shannan Martin said...

Oh, have I ever been hankering for a good bowl of veggie beef soup. I'm on it! (I'm so easily inspired by you...) :)

Donna Boucher said...

This looks delicious!!!

I think you are a great cook!

Elisabeth said...

I made this the other night and loved it! Definitely will be added to my soup repertoire. I think I saw it mentioned on Flower Patch Farmgirl blog. Anyway, I'm going to have to go back through your blog to check out your recipes, I'm always looking for more good ones- esp the simple and easy kind like this!
Thanks,
Elisabeth

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0