- it's any oldie but goodie, this photo's about a year old exactly. i like it - my son looking sweet & calm....who knew it was possible?☺
- i love the black & white, it's smooth & creamy
- the french door catch lights in his eyes
- his haircut...such a handsome boy...
*this image was shot @ f2.8, 1/200, iso 200 with a 50mm 1.4 lens.
do you like this type of image? this is how i set it up:
- find some nice northern window light, this image was shot indoors
- try to keep your background as clutter free as possible or a wall that's free of clutter, or hang a sheet over a piece of furniture behind your subject
- position your subject next to that north facing window or door (in this photo, the french door is on his left, he's sitting within a couple feet of the door)
- position yourself pretty much directly across from your subject or place yourself even a little closer to the light source so that your subject is looking a bit more full on to the light & have them turned to face you (this will depend on how much "feathering" or shadowing that you want to see on the opposite side of the subject's face)
- look to see the catch lights in their eyes, if you see them, that's good!
- go for it, start snapping away!