i have had a few nice compliments on the larger images on my blog.
some have even said that they wish they knew how to do this for their blog, so rather than try to email people individually, i thought i'd post a tutorial here.
it's really very easy, so hopefully i can clearly explain it here:
- load your image into your post like normal
- when you get it there, go to the "edit html" tab up above next to the "compose" tab
- you'll see the coding there for your photo, look for a line that says "width: 268px; height: 400px;" or something similar, it might include the words "cursor" & "hand" in it or your numbers might be different than the example i'm using
- next, delete that line, starting with the width & ending with the height - don't change the numbers, just delete it
- then, look for a number further into the coding that looks like this "/s400/" and change the 400 to 800. there might be another number that works for a different size, but 800 is the number that i use
- you may have to change the size of the "wrappers" of your blog depending on the template you're using because if you have a 2 or 3 column blog, your main body might be too narrow to accomodate this larger image & you have to increase the size. you'll know because when you try to upload this larger size & post it, you'll see that it's being cut off by one of the columns
so there you have it. that's all there is to it.
go forth & increase the size of your images!